It is government policy to establish home/school agreements, which contribute to an effective partnership between home and school. Our home/school agreement sets out the rights and responsibilities of the school, the parents and the children. Parents are asked to sign a home/school agreement when their child is in the Reception class.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
As a Church school we aim:
- to develop a spiritual and moral awareness based on the Christian ethic of treating others in the way that a caring family cares for each other
- to foster fundamental skills, attitudes and discipline in order that each child is equipped academically, socially, spiritually, physically and morally to fulfil her/his own personal potential
- to enable children to develop self-esteem and a sense of their own worth
- to help children to learn that courtesy, good manners and consideration for others and their property are important qualities
- to work as closely as possible with parents and carers in the belief that a home/school partnership is essential for the school to succeed in offering the best possible education for our children
- to encourage a respect for differences amongst people and between cultures and religions
- to encourage and suitably reward individual effort and achievement
- to encourage children to develop their own particular interests, both during and after school hours in order that they make the best of their talents and leisure time.
The close association with the Church and the Christian commitment of its staff, have given the school a caring, family atmosphere which children and parents/carers enjoy.
The ethos of the school is a family learning together enabling us all to value each other as individuals and the contribution each individual can make to the school.
An emphasis is also given to politeness and consideration for others both in school and in the local community.
Children are introduced to Christian values which are re-enforced throughout the whole school environment.