Trust is the basis of all stable relationships, including a person’s relationship with God. It is rooted in truth, and will grow through consistent experiences of reliability and integrity. God’s commitment to humanity is seen in his willingness to trust ordinary people with the carrying out of his purposes through history.
Bible verses about trust
Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know. (Proverbs 3:5)
When I am afraid, I will trust in you. (Psalm 56:3)
A gossip goes around spreading rumours while a trustworthy man tries to quiet them. (Proverbs 11:13)
The king was overjoyed and gave orders to lift Daniel out of the den. And when Daniel was lifted from the den, no wound was found on him, because he had trusted in his God. (Daniel 6:23)
Bible stories about trust
Why not look these up in a Bible?
- Jesus tells us to “not worry” and trust God – Matthew 6:25-34
- Trusting God – Psalm 131
- Moses had to trust God – Exodus
- Wise Men – trusted God to not go back to Herod – Matthew 2
- Abraham trusted God – Genesis
- Elijah with oil and bread – 1 Kings 17
- Wise man built his house upon the rocks – Matthew 7: 24-29
- Trust in Jesus’ healing – e.g. Luke 7
Our collective worship on Trust will be in Spring 1 2019.