Christians believe they can call God their friend because of the relationship made possible through Jesus.
Bible stories about friendship
Why not look these up in a Bible?
- Jesus calls his disciples (his friends) – Matthew 10, Mark 3, Luke 6
- We are told not to judge others – Luke 6:37-42
- We are told not to fight back – Matthew 5: 38-42
- We should treat our enemies as friends – Matthew 5:43-48
- Good Samaritan – Luke 10:25-37
- Ruth and Naomi were relatives but friends too – book of Ruth
- Jacob and Esau were reconciled – Genesis 33
Our collective worship on Friendship will be in Summer 2 2019.