Welcome to YEAR 5!
Hello, I am Mrs FitzGibbon and I am now teaching your child in Year 5. Our teaching assistants will continue to be Mrs Evans in the morning and Miss Logan in the afternoon.
Each week we have a ‘table of the week’. This award goes to the table who have worked their hardest and shown excellent behaviour throughout the week. The winning table chooses a prize from our class treasure chest.
English – We will be reading ‘The Man Who Walked Between the Towers’. This book will be the basis for persuasive letter writing, script writing, acting, debating and story writing.
Spellings – Each week children are given a set of spellings. They will be tested every Tuesday.
Maths – This term we are focussing on fractions and will involve;
- Mixed and improper fractions
- Adding and subtracting fractions
- Fractions of amounts
- Multiplying by integers
- Sequencing fractions
Times tables will also be a priority this term.
- All homework is given out on Tuesday and must be handed in by the following morning
- Each week one piece of English and Maths will be set. Occasionally a separate piece of times table practice will be given.
- Children should also be reading independently at least once a week at home
- E. days are Thursday(outdoor) and Friday (indoor)
- All children need a P.E. kit, including either pumps or trainers
If you have any questions or problems, please come and see me any afternoon after school.