Christians believe that truth is revealed in the Bible and supremely in the person and life of Jesus Christ. Through Jesus’ teaching, we are given an insight into the nature of God and the way in which He means us to live.
Bible verses about truthfulness
You must not tell lies about your neighbour. (Exodus 20:16)
You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. (Psalm 139:1)
You know everything I do; from far away you understand all my thoughts. (Psalm 139:2)
Even before I speak, you already know what I will say. (Psalm 139:4)
Find out if there is any evil in my and guide me in the everlasting way. (Psalm 139:24)
Bible stories about truthfulness
Why not look these up in a Bible?
- Paul ‘sees’ the truth on the road to Damascus – Acts 9
- We should not be ashamed of Jesus – Luke 12:8-12
- Knowing the truth helps us deal with temptations – Matthew 4: 1-11
- The True Mother – 1 Kings 3: 16-28
- God knows everything – Psalm 139
- We should not be hypocritical in what we say and do as people know us by our actions – Matthew 7:1-6
- Jacob’s sons lie about Joseph – Genesis 37
Our collective worship on Truthfulness will be in Summer 1 2018.